Change or set the default font
NOTE: In Word, you can also quickly and easily format an entire document to give it a professional and modern look by applying a document theme. A document theme is a set of formatting choices that can include a color scheme (a set of colors), a font scheme (a set of heading and body text fonts), and an effects scheme (a set of lines and fill effects).
Set the default font
Start with a blank document, or if your document already contains text that is formatted with the properties that you want to use, select that text.
- On the Home tab, click the Font Dialog Box Launcher, and then click the Font tab.
- Select the options that you want to apply to the default font, such as font style and font size. If you selected text in step 1, the properties of the selected text are set in the dialog box.
- Click Set As Default, and set the scope of your changes:
- Select This document only? if you want your changes to apply to only the current document.
- Select All documents based on Normal .dotm template? if you want your changes to apply to any document based on the Normal template.
- Click OK to apply your changes.