Data Visualizer allows you to create a polished Visio flowchart from Excel. This update includes Visio and Excel templates to help create diagrams, a wizard based UI and the ability to refresh the diagram as data changes.
Slide Snippet makes is easy to share your Visio diagrams in PowerPoint with seamless morph transitions.
To preview the Data Visualizer feature you will need to be on the Office Insider Slow level, Version 1703 (Build 7967.2073) and have Excel installed on your machine. As an Office 365 subscriber the Slide Snippet feature is available in the Windows Desktop March feature update, Version 1702 (Build 7870.2020).
The scenario outlined below should take you about 10 minutes to complete. It helps to work simultaneously in Excel and Visio, in two windows or in a multi-monitor environment.
1. Launch Visio and go to File > New and then click Templates
2. On the Template Categories, click the Flowchart tile. You will see two Data Visualizer templates
3. Click on Basic Flowchart – Data Visualizer to launch template preview.
5. The Excel file has help content and screenshots of sample data to get you started. Go to the Process Map sheet and enter your process data.
5.1 For demo purposes, you can copy and paste the text below into cell B6.
P200;Define the course requirements;P300; ;Process;Bill Kirbz
P300;Develop Module;P400; ;Document;Razna Hristova
P400;Pass Review?;P500,P600;Yes,No;Decision;Lindsaz Duncan
P500;Publish Course;P700; ;Process;Ana Abele
P600;Review Module;P300; ;Subprocess;Harsha Rao
P700;End; ; ;End
5.2 Click on the Data tab and select Text to Columns to start the Text to Columns Wizard. Click Next.
5.3 Deselect the Tab and select the Semicolon delimiter. Click Finish.
You’ll get a warning that there is already data there, just click OK.
5.4 When complete it should look like this:
6.Save the Excel File.
7. Go back to the Data Visualizer template preview and click Create. The diagram creation wizard gets launched automatically.
8. In the Create a Diagram from Data wizard, click Browse, and navigate to the Excel file you just created for the process steps.
Then click Finish.
9. All diagram mappings will get pre-populated. Note: The ‘Review Module’ sub process shape may need to be moved to fully see the ‘Yes, No’ connector labels.
10. To share your Visio diagram in PowerPoint, click View > Slide Snippets Pane. The Slide Snippets pane appears on the right side of your design window.
11. Click Add in the Slide Snippets pane and a snipping frame appears over your diagram. Move the snipping frame over the portion of the diagram you want to show in PowerPoint. Drag the corners until you have the required size.
12. Enter a title for your slide in the text box beneath the slide preview in the Slide Snippets pane on the right. Click Add to add additional slides.
13. Click Export in the Slide Snippets pane on the right to export your prepared slide snippets to a new PowerPoint slide deck.
Do the translations in the applications read well or make sense? If not, please let us know using the normal process on the Office Language Quality LinkedIn Group.
The above scenario was created using the support content and articles listed below which are available for review and feedback in twenty-eight languages – Arabic, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English US, Finnish, French France, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian,Japanese, Korean, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Turkishand Ukrainian.
Source : techcommunity.microsoft.com
www.office.com/setup : Blogs