Thank you for continuing to support our Skype for Business Mac client. Due to quality concerns, we have skipped our May release and are focusing our effort on a great June release. This month we’re adding support for non-federated meeting join and ability to see contacts that have recently added you. We’ve also added a new split UI that let you see screen-sharing or PowerPoint presentations side-by-side with the active speaker, and touchbar support. Please see release notes for more full list of features and improvements. We update our client on a regular cadence and encourage you to download the latest client when possible. See “What is Office Insider” section below on how to get the latest build.
- Users can now join non-federated meetings directly from Skype for Business, rather than having to join in their browser.
- New Contacts tab shows who has added you to their contacts list in Skype for Business.
- Users can now join a Microsoft Teams meeting directly from the Meetings tab in Skype for Business .
- Users can close the “On Hold” overlay while in a meeting. Held calls can be resumed from the new More Options button (…).
- Users can view screen-sharing or PowerPoint presentations side-by-side with active speaker.
- Touch bar support for various functionality.
What is Office Insider? The Office Insider program for Mac allows users to install early builds of upcoming Office and Skype for Business on Mac releases to test new features before other they will be released publicly. For more details see this blog article: How to access early Skype for Business on Mac versions.
If you have any comments or questions on this Insider Release, feel free to post in our Community. You can provide feedback directly to the Microsoft product team by using the Report an Issue link under Help menu of the Skype for Business on Mac app.
Senior Program Manager, Skype for Business
Source : techcommunity.microsoft.com
www.office.com/setup : Blogs